Probate Court is a safety net set up by the government. Peters Legal Services is experienced in guiding you through the probate maze as quickly and smoothly as possible. And no the court doesn’t take half of your estate. They do charge a $160 filing fee and an inventory fee based on the value of assets.
Reasons we would go to probate Court
- Transfer assets through your Will to your Trust at death if your Trust isn’t completely funded
- Transfer assets to your heirs at death if you have a Will but not a Trust
- Transfer assets to your heirs at death if you don’t have a Will
- Guardianships and Conservatorships for minor children and disabled adults
- Hearings to modify an Irrevocable Trust
- Hearings to resolve Estate disputes
Do you have questions about Probate? Not sure if you have to open a probate estate or not? Unsure how to transfer assets upon someone’s death? Give us a call for a free consultation 248-444-9811Or Contact Us Here
“Very professionally handled from start to finish. You asked great questions to be sure that I had considered all aspects of the trust which gave me additional confidence that the documents would be very thorough.”
“Prompt with great follow up, took time to explain all of the documents, and simply very professionally handled.”
Mr. Peters made what seemed like a daunting task easier by breaking things into manageable tasks. His approach also contributes to a clear understanding of what needs to be done and how each part will affect your heirs.
This experience, which I had put off for a long time, was so much easier than I imagined. Mr. Peters facilitates a smooth transition of assets into a trust, etc. I felt the terms used in the documents were clearly explained to me. His rates are reasonable considering that it is a fee for a lifetime!